Asking someone to marry you is not something you do just like that. There is a lot involved! A ring, the ideal location, the ideal moment,… But one of the most important factors is how you ask your lover the question, and how you can best communicate it. It may be that you might lack words to explain the love that you really feel inside. And that’s totally okay! In that case, these love quotes and romantic phrases will definitely help you! It is definitely acceptable to use the words of others if you really speak from your heart. Take a look below and choose the ones that appeal to you the most.
- “We find peace with those we love, and we provide a sanctuary within ourselves for those who love us.” ~ Saint Bernar
- “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired” ~ Robert Frost
- “She was the wish of his life. He didn’t know how else to put it. He didn’t even know he could really explain it, only that every time he saw her, he felt his bones might break under the weight of his desire. His longing for her.” ~ J. Carlyon, The Cherry House
- “I ask you to go through life by my side – to be my second self and best earthly companion. ” ~ Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- “You know you are in love when you don’t want to fall asleep, because the reality is finally better than your dreams.” ~ Zeus
- “What is greater for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life… to strengthen each other … to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” ~ George Eliot
- “All love that does not have friendship as its foundation is like a mansion built on the sand.” ~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “Being loved deeply by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~Lao Tzu
- “Only the love of a good woman will make a man hesitate every choice, every action. And only love makes a warrior hesitate for fear that his lady will find him cruel. Only love makes a man both the best he will ever be and the weakest. Sometimes all at the same time.” ~ Laurell K. Hamilton
- “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” ~ Franklin P. Jones
Romantic phrases that you can literally use in your marriage proposal
- “I have had many dreams, but the biggest one remains to make you my wife. Make my fondest dream come true and marry me?”
- “I wish I could explain your eyes, and how the sound of your voice gives me butterflies. How your smile makes my heart beat faster and how I feel so complete every time I’m with you. A whole life is not enough to make you feel as special as you make me feel. But let’s give it a try. Be mine, my love?
- “You have something of mine.” (she will ask what) “You had it at first glance and never really left … my heart. If you plan to keep it forever, we might as well close the deal.
- “You bring out the best in me. Give me the chance to be the happiest man in the world.”
- “You healed pieces of me that I didn’t know needed healing. You took care of me when I didn’t know I could use that extra love. You brought out happiness in me that I didn’t know existed. You made me feel more alive than ever. Be mine forever.”
- “I fell in love with you, not knowing what love really was. I stayed in love with you because there is no one or nothing I have ever wanted more than you. I will forever be in love with you because I can’t imagine a second of my life without you.”
These are them! Now she definitely cannot say no. She will feel very happy and have a warm feeling inside. Would you like to receive more tips that might be useful for your marriage proposal? Then be sure to subscribe to our newsletter and don’t miss a single moment!